When you venture into a store, or you look a photos in a magazine, it can be unusual to see modern and vintage furniture work together. This lack of blending has given people the idea that these two styles can’t be cohesively blended together, however blending these two styles together can bring an eclectic style to any room or home.
How to Blend Modern and Vintage Furniture
There are things to consider when you blend these two styles together. By keeping these considerations in mind, you can bring together pieces that work well together.
- The first thing you want to do is decide whether your room or home will have a modern feel with vintage accents, or a vintage feel with modern accents. Once you have decided this you can go ahead and find the perfect pieces to achieve the look you want.
- If your furnishing is predominately modern, find just one or two vintage furniture pieces that can become a focal point in the room. By doing this you can bring a funky feel without overcrowding a space.
- By focusing on a specific color with both your modern and vintage pieces, you can unify the look in a room, this will help pull all of the pieces in a room together, giving a cohesive flow.
- Keep the overall scale of furniture pieces the same. If you start adding low tables with high couches, your room may start to feel crowded and overwhelmed. No matter whether you choose modern furniture pieces or vintage furniture pieces, or you are blending both, using a unified scale will help you achieve the look you want.
- Don’t overdo the accessories. If you have beautiful pieces of furniture you want them to become the main focus on the room. Too much clutter, loud accessories, or crazy knickknacks, can make a room become too busy, drawing the eye away from the main focus pieces.
- Don’t be afraid to blend two completely different pieces together. If you are in love with both a modern chair and a vintage chair, try placing them together. Look for colors, lines, or size similarities, this will help pull the two pieces together.
If you are looking for the perfect furniture pieces for your home, contact us today at direct vintage. We can help you find the perfect vintage furniture pieces for your home.